Renault India knew it had to pull a miracle out of its hat if it were to convince people of their seriousness in making a dent in the entry-level compact car segment. Called the Kwid, they managed to do just that, announcing to the world that the smallest baby in their model portfolio pulled punches above its class. We’ve drawn up a list of 10 things you should know about the Renault Kwid, to show you just how distinctive this car is:
10 things you should know about the Renault Kwid
1. The Renault Kwid looks like no other small-car in the history of the Indian automobile. Butch, SUV-esque styling giving it a larger-than-life presence that other cars, many classes above would kill for.
2. The car is built on the CMF-A platform that Renault have developed in conjunction with their Japanese partner, Nissan. The Kwid is the first car to benefit from the platform in India and ushers in a new era in car-building for the manufacturer.
3. Renault have been aggressive on the localization front with the Kwid. This was done with the aim of keeping costs low, translating into the car’s low sticker price that undercuts the competition by a comfortable margin.
4. The Renault Kwid’s mileage is an astounding 25.17 km/l as per ARAI certification. This makes it the most powerful car in the segment, besting the likes of Maruti’s Alto800 and even the Tata Nano.
5. Renault will be launching both, a larger, more powerful 1 litre engine as well as an AMT variant for the Kwid in the coming years.
6. The Renault Kwid’s mileage is not the only thing that’s better than the competition. The car is longer, wider and larger than all other offerings in the segment.
7. Frugal engineering features high on the 10 things you should know about the Renault Kwid. From using three wheel bolts, to a single wiper, the manufacturer has focussed heavily on cost and weight savings. Even the fasteners are lower in number, while plastic has been used extensively to achieve targets.
8. The Renault Kwid has delivered a telling blow with its pricing. With an on-road price that’s a good INR 50,000 lower than the comparable competition, it makes for a compelling buy.
9. The Kwid also has the highest ground clearance in its class, almost putting larger crossovers and even some SUV’s to shame in this department.
10. The Renault Kwid’s interiors are unparalleled, both in terms of the features offered (7-inch touchscreen infotainment system or the long accessories list) as well as sheer space in the boot & the passenger cabin.
All-in-all, the car is a delight on multiple fronts, making it a compelling-buy for someone contemplating a purchase in the segment. To find out more, find a reputable Renault dealership in your area, such as Group 1 Renault.
Article source: http://wheelwonderings.postach.io/post/10-things-you-should-know-about-the-renault-kwid